December 13th, 2019
As a result of ETFO’s Phase 2 of Work-to-rule that came into effect on December 10, elementary teachers and education workers who are members of ETFO will not:
- Collect monies or participate in the electronic collection of monies for school-based activities except those for charitable causes
- Distribute any memos/letters from a school and/or school board
- Plan any new field trips scheduled to occur before June 30, 2020
- Prepare a bulletin board or school display if requested to do so by an administrator or
- Perform any duties that are normally performed by a school administrator or direct
- Complete system-level board reports requested by an administrator or supervisor
Our priority remains for the safety of our students and we want you to clearly understand the status of our schools during any labour action. We will continue to monitor the situation and its impact on elementary students, and will keep you updated as the situation changes.
We understand these changes will be frustrating for our students and families, however, we want to assure you that these sanctions will not impact classroom instruction and student learning.
We will continue to do our best to keep you informed of any future changes.
For information updates please: